Rare Arctic Cat Sno Pros For Sale

(6/28/2011)

Some of the most-rare Arctic Cat Sno Pro racers

Vintage snowmobile collector Jerry McGee is going to pare down the size of his amazing collection, and he’s starting with his Arctic Cats.

If you were looking to land some of the most-rare and classic race sleds in Arctic Cat history, now’s your chance.

McGee (who's pictured in both images) lives in Whitefield, N.H., and he’s been collecting sleds for nearly two decades.

Here is the list of machines he’s selling:

-1975 Arctic Cat 650 Sno Pro/PDC (this was Dave Thompson’s race sled!)

-1976 Arctic Cat 440 Sno Pro (according to Jerry, most people believe this was Larry Coltom’s original 250, but is currently fitted a 440 engine).

-1977 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 440 with leaf spring front suspension and a quad-plug motor which is very rare. (Jerry hasn’t been able to confirm the history of this machine. It’s styled as Thompson’s sled.)

-1977.5 Sno Pro 440 with the mid-season addition of IFS front suspension (according to Jerry, this was Larry Coltom’s sled).

-1978 Sno Pro 440 History unknown

-1980 Sno Pro 340 Built from NOS parts that Steve Olsen acquired after Arctic Enterprises auction. It has used crank and track, and everything else is NOS.

-1981 Sno Pro 340. This is believed to be Jim Dimmerman’s race sled, although there is uncertainty about it. It does have a serial #/VIN tag, however, no other '81 that he's seen has a VIN tag to compare with (including Bob Elsner’s sled at the SHOF).

-1981 Twin Track prototype (below). This machine is one of the handful of various twin-trackers built by Roger Gage at Arctic Enterprises, but never raced. It was restored by Steve Olsen, with finishing touches performed by McGee.

McGee is handling all sales privately. If you’re interested in any of these, shoot him an email by clicking HERE.

1981 Arctic Cat Twin Track prototype

Charles Plueddeman says:
6/28/2011 10:12:00 AM

I think that twin-track sled is just what I need for the 2011 WOBLE ride to Waconia.
6/28/2011 10:49:00 AM

If you buy and bring it to WOBLE, I will award you with a very special prize. The airfoil is ideally suited to WOBLE-like speeds.
kdub says:
6/28/2011 3:34:00 PM

At least you wouldnt have to take on a passenger when someone breaks down Charlie!
81sno pro says:
6/28/2011 4:36:00 PM

Jerry McGee is a stand up guy and has a wonderful collection. He's as honest as the day is long. Jerry purchased several of sleds from my previous collection. Jerry, I wish you the best. I wish I were younger and could still get around, I'd love to collect again...........Mike Farris
John Zanon says:
6/28/2011 7:41:00 PM

The 73' EXT behind the twin track gets my heart bangin'!
jeff says:
6/29/2011 7:34:00 AM

I thought there was only one or two of those twin tracks. That must be a recent purchase for McGee. I sure hope one of them makes it to Catfest.

Alley Cat says:
6/29/2011 7:48:00 AM

HONEY!!! I just picked up a new mailbox for the house. OK!!
jimu@sledracer.com says:
6/29/2011 11:12:00 AM

Would it be better for these collections to remain in private hands or would it be better if Arctic Cat started scooping them up?
slednut2 says:
6/29/2011 11:38:00 AM

McGee has owned that twin track for the last 15 years or so, nothing new
Todd Ulschmid says:
6/29/2011 1:02:00 PM

"I wish I was a billionaire so, (edit bad word) bad....."

I'd buy them all! : )
Roger Gage says:
8/4/2011 10:50:00 PM

Glad to see this sled restored. I designed and built this sled in my spare time when I worked at Team Arctic. There only was one built and the only person that ever drove it other than myself was Jimmy Dimmerman. It was a little hard to stear with the small steering wheel but went around the corner like it was on a rail. Its weight kept it from being competitive so we never raced it. Of the 5 Twin tracks I built, this one was the only one that realy worked as planned.
mike delaney says:
4/9/2013 9:36:00 PM

do you still have any sleds for sale?
Buddy says:
4/23/2013 12:17:00 PM

do u still have sleds 4 sale?retired and looking 4 a project ! did cross country racing in 70's. on Cats but really wanted 2race ovals luv the Z's and sno pros! looks like u do too!any help or leads to find 75-80 sleds would help me.am sure u get alot of emails but a am serious.plaese send pics and prices and any other info u might have. i live in central Minnesota,the home of "The Cat".
Gary says:
5/23/2013 3:16:00 PM

Jerry still has a few machines including a couple that he won't likely part with but I was fortunate enough to look at his current collection in NH just last week... I would be proud to own any one of them...!
Thanks again for the visit Jerry and I think you know which machine is really twisting my crank...
Randy Marnich says:
6/2/2013 10:47:00 PM

I would like a chance to bid on a sno pro sled. Its been my dream to have one.

Fred McGuire says:
7/21/2013 11:59:00 AM

howdy howdy
greg blair says:
11/24/2013 6:54:00 PM

do you still have sleds for sale iam looking for race sleds
Marc says:
11/28/2013 1:51:00 AM

looking for a 76 sno-pro or a 77z, what are you asking for the 76 sno-pro
GARRY RUZNISKY says:
1/22/2014 3:08:00 PM

awesome collection 2nd to none!!!!! die hard cat fan/rider personally own 2 1977 Z 250 440 like new bought them out of crates would like to purchase to own 78 ....81 sno pro bobby elsner and jim dimmermens era i thk you for your time and cooperation mr. jerry mcgee contact cell #1 306 230 0224 prince albert saskatchewan canada...
ethan says:
5/30/2014 7:30:00 AM

is that for sale if so how much
garry ruznisky says:
7/16/2014 2:22:00 PM

ruzzy here is their a chance to get jerry mcgee phone # or e mail thank you